Thursday, April 4, 2013

Jazz it up!



Let me start by prefacing this post and letting you all know, YES, I'm one of those mason jar lovers. I threw away most of our drinking glasses much to the dismay of my husband and replaced 80% of them with mason jars. They so versatile I use them as jars for jams and sauces the way they were intended, also neat little candles and toothbrush holders (don't judge me). We used mason jars and vintage tea cups for our wedding reception in the park, they went perfectly with our casual vintage theme.

Alas wether they are small of large mouthed jars these functional favorites all look the same. And if you're not a fan of drinking out of some strangers half used cup like myself, then I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that your guests aren't going to like it either. Well never fear, a few mins and 2 supplies from the kitchen and you are going to have yourself a Super Fabulous mason jar party.


Let's get started...

1. Start with any size mason jar, wether it be a large mouth or small mouth either will work for this project. Set aside the top part of your lid, you won't be needing it. Just keep the screwing part of the lid.




2. Grab any spare cupcake cases you have lying around your kitchen cupboard, I always have various cases around as I never know when I am going to feel like whipping up a batch of cupcakes. If you don't have any around or are having a larger party and want each individual person to have their own personalized jar by all means shop around for more cupcake cases.




3. Flatten those puppies out ensuring your not creasing or tearing them.




4. Fill the jar with your drink of choice. Lay the cupcake case on top of the jar and very carefully screw the lid on to secure. Tah-dah! Wasn't so hard now was it?

The larger mouthed jar lids tend to hide the bottom of the cases where the smaller mouthed jars have a cute little skirt at the bottom. 

Lastly, when putting the straw you can poke a little hole with a thick needle and work the straw through carefully, the papers are thin and fragile so they tend to tear. I just wet the tip of my finger slightly and work the water onto the point where my straw will go and put a little pressure on it with the end of my straw it tends to slide through nicely.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

© My Lil Runaway. Powered by